How Coaching Works
- an interaction or a series of interactions
- characterized by unconditional respect, curiosity, and empowerment
- centered around YOUR agenda for change and growth.
As your coach, I will:
- Listen fully to you (and not just to the words you say)
- Ask you questions that bring you into clarity and new awareness about who you are and what you really want
- Challenge and support you in being fully you, exploring possibilities, and achieving your desired outcomes.
I won’t be giving you advice. I will use tools and techniques that are creative, provocative, and illuminating.
Outside of our interactions, you’ll experiment with new practices and behaviors that get you closer to the change you want.
Coaching from Beginning to End
BEGINNING: Know the Old Path and Envision the New
- Contract: Agree together what we'll be working on and how we'll partner
- Current State Discovery: Dig deep. Figure out what's really going on. Gather stakeholder input and complete assessments to better understand who you are and where you're at.
- Future State Clarity: Get really clear on where you want to be and set goals to get there.
MIDDLE: Forge the New Path
- Insight-Action Cycle: Coaching sessions open up new insights and move you to action, which provides more new insights and more opportunities for new beliefs and behaviors. This is where you really impress yourself. Check in on progress along the way and re-calibrate your goals as needed.
END: Travel On
- The Path Forward: You've experienced powerful growth. We'll measure it, reconnect with your stakeholders, and make a plan to keep you exceeding your expectations.